Yoga Retreat on Southern Crete
Week 1: 15-22 July 2017 with Maja Zilih (in english)
Week 2: 22-29 July 2017 with Maja Zilih and Anna Petropoulou (in Greek and english)
Beyond mere relaxation in the wonderful natural surrounding, our retreats take you into an experience of a deep nourishment for the body, mind and heart. A full week of daily practice of yoga and meditation enables you plant the seeds of clarity and wisdom for a long time to come.
Practicing yoga in the most amazing natural surrounding, combined with nourishing Mediterranean meals and company of great yoginis and yogis, all combine to support your experiential understanding of the different layers of your existence. Based on this understanding you can grow stronger connections with your source of strength, creativity, inspiration and freedom.
The family run hotel can be found on the southern coast of crete, in a region of exceptional natural beauty. Rugged and unspoilt, the area offers breathtaking scenery and glorious beaches making this a very special place to visit. Overlooking the stunning bay the hotel has a fine restaurant, a relaxed café/bar and a mini market so you don't have to leave for any of your holiday essentials!
Retreats with Maja nourish the soul, and plant the seeds of clarity and wisdom for a lifetime. Practitioners become more skillful in navigating through life's difficulties. So many of her students choose to come again and again each summer because, as they say, “it charges their batteries for a full year of ups and downs”. Combining strong asana practice with teachings of yoga philosophy, Buddhism, Taoism and other, she helps the students gain wiser and clearer perspective of themselves and their lives, helping them in this way to become their own life guides.
Anna has experienced the multiple benefits of yoga practice in the nature and close to the sea in all the previous retreats of Athens Yoga which have been the turning points in her personal practice and her decision to become a teacher herself. Her teaching focuses on alignment and draws inspiration from everyday life, indian philosophy and mythology.
"The question I had when I first came to yoga is now my primary concern in teaching: to encourage students to discover their potential and expand the qualities of their practice in their everyday life."
07:30-09:00 Morning yoga session
19:00-20.30 Evening yoga session
The above schedule is valid for all days except
- July 15th and 22nd = only evening session,
- July 19th and 29th = free day
Experience the magical and transformative energy of Southern Crete
All yoga will be suitable for everyone, thanks to the teachers' years of experience with mixed level classes, their broad knowledge of the students' needs, and skilful adaptation of all poses so that they benefit each student.
- Delicious breakfast with local products, fresh juice, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, eggs, bread and honey.
- Homemade dinner with mediterranean recipes, choices for vegetarians and fresh fish.
THINGS TO DO
-Swim in the warm inviting waters of the beach neighbouring the hotel which is also ideal for families.
- Descend to one of the most amazing beaches of Crete, called St. Pavlos Sandhills, offering spectacular sunsets.
- Enjoy the sunset view from the comfort of your room or at the yoga veranda.
- Hike the beautiful gorges of Rethymno. Kourtaliotis (length: 3 km) is one of the most spectacular natural attractions of Rethymnon.The huge cliffs of the canyon reach a height of - 600 meters and are full of caves, where significant fauna species live.
- Visit Beach of Preveli, also known as Lake Preveli or Phoenix. During the 60s and 70s, it was a favorite destination for hippies. On the banks of the Grand River there is a large colony of Theophrastus palm trees, which give the region a sense of an African landscape. The river, forming a large lake, 1.5km long, before emptying into the sea, has water all year round. You can walk along the river, under the shade of palm trees and other trees, and start ascending in the beautiful canyon
For more information on the area and the sightseeing choices you can check: http://www.cretanbeaches.com/
Price for 1 week, early bird payment, UNTIL May 31st
Single room occupancy: 1020,00
Double room occupancy: 850,00
Triple room occupancy: 800,00
Price for 1 week, payments AFTER May 31st
Single room occupancy: 1090,00 Euros
Double room occupancy: 900,00 Euros
Triple room occupancy: 850,00 Euros
Price for 2 weeks, early bird payment, UNTIL May 31st
Single room occupancy: 2000,00
Double room occupancy: 1650,00
Triple room occupancy: 1550
Price for 2 weeks, payments AFTER May 31st
Single room occupancy: 2150,00
Double room occupancy: 1750,00
Triple room occupancy: 1650,00
Price includes 7 nights' accommodation, 11 yoga classes, and rich breakfast and dinner daily.
Prices include VAT
Contact details in Vienna
Contact details in Athens
Athens Yoga Center
Louissis Riankour 65-67